Status: Open Registration Deadline: Feb 17, 2023
Trainers Name: Toby Haskins Training Site: VIRTUAL via ZOOM Address:
860 Riverside Drive New York, New York 10032 New York County
Fri Feb 17, 6:00 - 10:00 PM (EST)
For registration and payment please click the link below:
THIS TRAINING IS INTENDED FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING RECERTIFICATION FOR THEIR CRPA OR CARC
This training will provide the opportunity for participants to:
• define the core responsibility of the peer recovery support specialist (here referred to generically as recovery coach);
• provide an opening discussion of key ethical concepts;
• outline a model of ethical decision making that can be used by recovery coaches and by their supervisors.
• discuss vignettes of ethical situations that can arise for recovery coaches related to personal conduct, conduct in service relationships, conduct in relationships with local service professionals and agencies, and conduct in service relationships with the larger community; and
• provide a sample statement of ethical principles and guidelines for recovery coaches.
This training also identifies the extent to which current laws governing roles in addiction treatment (e.g., confidentiality, duty to warn, personal/organizational liability) are applicable to recovery coaches and their organizations.
We have two intended audiences for these trainings: individuals who are in positions of responsibility for the planning, implementation, and supervision of peer-based recovery support services and individuals who are working in either paid or volunteer roles as recovery coaches. This course is designed to be adapted for use in the training of recovery coaches and their supervisors.
Contact Name: Toby Haskins Contact Phone Number: (917) 319-4117 Contact Email Address: [email protected]