Status: Open Registration Deadline: Sep 9, 2020
Trainers Name: Deborah Yuelles & Darrell "Raheem" Kelly Training Site: "Virtual Space" Alliance for Positive Change Address:
64 west 35th Street, 3rd floor NYC New York City, New York 10001 NYC County
Peer Training Institute @ Alliance for Positive Change is excited to announce our 2nd Virtual Recovery Coach Academy. The 5-day Recovery Coach Academy will be September 21-25, 2020 & the 16 hr. Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches will be September 28-30, 2020 from 10 am -4pm.
Applications are being accepted. MUST BE NYC RESIDENTS! INTERVIEWS are required. All training's will be conducted virtually through the ZOOM platform .
The goal of this initiative is to support and guide trainees into a new field of Recovery Coaching by obtaining their CRPA Provisional or CRPA certification.
• Must complete an interview
• Reside within the 5 borough of NYC
• High school diploma or have their GED
• Job Ready
• Goal to earn CPRA certification
• Affected by substance use or has a lived experience of substance use
• Will be assessed for electronic capacity
Trainees are expected to adhere to the following:
• Attend all 46 hours of NYCB-approved training (Both RCA + Ethics, or other curriculum)
• All trainees are expected to attend individual vocational sessions (total time is avg. 60 minutes per student, per month.)
a. referrals to career readiness support volunteer hours,
b. provides resources to prepare for the exam
c. application and exam fees support
• All trainees are required to attend group vocational sessions (minimum 1x per month)
• Individual and group vocational sessions ARE required until CPRA exam is taken and certification is achieved.
Contact Name: Deborah Yuelles Contact Phone Number: (917) 279-2603 Contact Email Address: [email protected]