Status: Open Registration Deadline: Aug 11, 2021
Trainers Name: Deborah Yuelles, Darrell Kelly, & Yvonne Gooden Training Site: Peer Training [email protected] Alliance for Positive Change Address:
64 west 35th Street, 3rd floor NYC New York, New York 10001 New York City County
The 30 hour Recovery Coach Academy will be held August 16-20th & Ethical Consideration for Recovery Coaches will be held August 23-25th. The training date times are 9:30am to 4pm with the exception of May 19th , the day will end at 2pm.
The goal of this initiative is to support and guide trainees into a new field of Recovery Coaching by obtaining their CRPA Provisional or CRPA certification.
• Must complete an interview
• Reside within the 5 borough of NYC
• High school diploma or have their GED
• Job Ready
• Goal to earn CPRA certification
• Affected by substance use or has a lived experience of substance use
• Will be assessed for electronic capacity
Trainees are expected to adhere to the following:
• Attend all 46 hours of NYCB-approved training (Both RCA + Ethics)
• All trainees are expected to attend individual vocational sessions (total time is avg. 40 minutes per student, per month.)
a. referrals to career readiness support volunteer hours,
b. provides resources to prepare for the exam
c. application and exam fees support
• All trainees are required to attend group vocational sessions (minimum 1x per month)
• Individual and group vocational sessions ARE required until CPRA exam is taken and certification is achieved.
Please refer applicants by completing page 2 of attached flyer and emailing it to [email protected]
Contact Name: Deborah Yuelles Contact Phone Number: (212) 645-0875 Contact Email Address: [email protected]