Website Family & Children's Association
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
SHERPA’s Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) engage people in strength-based, person centered, and trauma-informed peer support at the very beginning stages of their individual recovery plans, primarily in a hospital emergency room setting. They educate individuals and families about the process of recovery, including options for treatment, harm reduction, recovery support services, and safety. CRPAs provide systems advocacy and guidance to individuals as they navigate the Substance Use Disorder treatment system, and provide family support navigation to assist with the substance use exposure education/treatment and connecting with support systems.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
· High school diploma or GED required. Undergraduate degree a plus
· Completion of Recovery Coach Training Academy (46 hours)
· NYS Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA or CRPA-Provisional) certification required
· Computer proficient in MS Word and database systems
· Valid NYS driver’s license with a safe and responsible driving history
· 35 hours per week, some evenings and weekends are required.
· Medical, Dental, Life STD/LTD Insurance. (403)b with generous employer match. Accessibility to other voluntary benefits (Cancer Care, TDA, etc.)
· 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 11 Agency holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.
All positions at FCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit familyandchildrens.e3applicants.com.