Website Osborne Association
Transforming Lives, Communities, and the Criminal Justice System
Osborne Association serves individuals, families, and communities affected by the criminal justice system. Through our programs, we offer opportunities for people to heal from and repair harm, restore their lives, and thrive. We challenge systems rooted in racism and retribution and fight for policies and practices that promote true safety, justice, and liberation.
At Osborne, we are guided by core values and shared beliefs. We honor everyone’s capacity to change, celebrate our shared humanity, are united in our pursuit of justice and equity, take all possible steps to keep our commitments and advocate for people and principles with fierce and tenacious determination.
We are seeking a full-time CASAC Counselor (Bilingual – Spanish/English) to join our El Rio Team. El Rio is a Substance Use Disorder treatment program serving individuals with SUD diagnosis who may also have past or current Criminal Justice involvement. The CASAC Counselor will engage past or current Criminal Justice involved individuals to fully participate in a recovery process by which they improve health and wellness, family connectivity, and social, economic, and community engagement. The CASAC Counselor reports to the Clinical Supervisor.
The CASAC Counselor will be working Monday to Friday (remotely or in-person as the program needs permit).
- Serves the participant through employing trauma-informed care in the development of treatment planning and partnering with the participant in developing participant-centered goals. The CASAC Counselor will employ evidence-based approaches to support the participant so that they may successfully navigate the recovery process.
- Orients participants to the program, describe program objectives and provide ongoing guidance and educational material to participants.
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of Evidence-Based Therapies such as Motivational Interviewing, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
Provides excellent Telehealth and In-Person individual and group services.
- Actively supports and encourages program participation, documenting progress and providing ongoing feedback to maintain participant self-awareness.
- Provides Person-Centered counseling to the participant through active crisis intervention; individual sessions, group support, and case management. Share observations, documentation, and assessments of individual participants with their Supervisor at regularly scheduled supervision sessions.
- Maintains a full understanding of Medication-Assisted Treatments and Harm Reduction methods.
Increase participants’ adaptive coping and support developmental integrity by exploring alternative solutions to problems and increasing decision-making capacities.
- Assists participants to gain insight into the disease of addiction by planning educational interventions specific to the impact of substance use.
- Maintains contacts with outside agencies to refer or obtain additional participant services.
Supervise mandated urine toxicology screens of participants to explain to them what is the purpose of the test and who is requesting the test.
- Report outcomes of toxicology results to immediate supervisor for clarity and clinical guidance. Responsible for the signing of toxicology requisition forms necessary as part of the chain of possession protocols for supervising, handling, and sealing participant toxicology samples.
- High School Diploma/GED required Bachelors or Graduate degree preferred.
- Active CASAC certification required
- Four or more years of directly related work experience in an OASAS Certified Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Treatment program.
- Excellent assessment, treatment planning, and problem-resolution skills are necessary.
Computer literacy and knowledge of EHR systems required
- An understanding of the criminal justice system including ATI, parole/probation is required. Possess a full understanding of MATs and Harm Reduction.
- A fully Bilingual Spanish/English candidate is required.
Related Skills or Knowledge
- Knowledge of implementing program activities related to required training and following through independently in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to work independently through routine problems, determining solutions from established standards or procedures.
- Employee is required to maintain QHP status.
- For this position, the successful candidate will have to pass a three-point background check, including fingerprinting, as required by OASAS after a conditional job offer has been made and accepted. A criminal record will not necessarily bar the successful candidate from being hired.
Benefits of Working at Osborne
Generous benefits include a flexible work schedule, excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403(b) participation, and New York State Paid Sick Leave Pay. Through ongoing training and individual development plans, career development is offered, and opportunities for job advancement and promotions.
The Osborne Association is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, unemployment status, or any other protected category. The Osborne Association takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The agency is a NYC contractor and provides services to upstate facilities; therefore, we adhere to all state and city COVID 19 vaccine mandates. With the exception of an approved exemption/accommodation, effective December 1, 2021, all staff must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
Thank you for your interest in the Osborne Association. Be sure to include a cover letter with your application. No phone calls please. We wish we could personally respond to each application. However, we are unable to do so due to the volume of interest received.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.