Website Phoenix Houses NY|LI
At Phoenix Houses NY|LI, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix Houses NY|LI provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix Houses NY|LI supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We are currently looking for a full-time Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) for our Brooklyn Community Recovery Center. Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the CRPA provides peer support services to the Center’s participants to encourage long-term recovery, holistic wellness, enhance recovery capital through connections with community-based supports, and referral to and engagement in substance abuse treatment services where appropriate. The CRPA also provides support for the Center’s Training and Professional Development programming including groups, workshops, and trainings that support CRPA training program, obtaining CRPA certification, skills enhancement trainings, and vocational coaching.
· Raise awareness of existing social and other support services.
· Facilitate non-clinical peer support or alumni groups.
· Conduct street outreach to vulnerable and underserved populations including street homeless and active substance users.
· Initiate and maintain relationships with community-based organizations to raise awareness about recovery and recovery resources.
· Help peers develop recovery plans, and model effective coping skills.
· Support another peer in advocating for themselves to obtain effective services.
· Help peers self-monitor their progress.
· Attend court and other system meetings as a support.
· Engage with individuals that are considering entering treatment.
· Engage a client to attend treatment or other healthcare services.
· Document services appropriately and engage patients in record-keeping as required by the grant.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certified Peer Recovery Professional (CRPA, CRPA-P, CRC, CARC) in good standing or non-certified individual with a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing peer recovery support services who will become credentialed within 3 months of hire.
Phoenix House conducts, background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation, or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.