FOR-NY is invested in developing a well-trained and supported peer workforce. As such we have developed a Best Practice Training model in consultation with trainers around the state. Beginning the conversation at the 2018 NYS Recovery Conference in Albany, we asked Recovery Coach/Peer Advocate trainers what was needed in our peer professional community. As the conversation continued best practice training standards were born.
The trainers listed below will provide comprehensive training and support utilizing the model which includes increased mentoring and pairs a trainer with a Recovery Community Organization or Recovery Community Outreach Centers.
Best Practice Trainers:
- conduct a face-to-face screening interview
- provide all 46 hours of NYCB-approved training (Both RCA + Ethics, or other approved curriculum)
- mentor students through the CRPA certification process
- may assist with obtaining volunteer hours,
- provide resources to prepare for the exam
- write a letter of recommendation.
- host a monthly student learning collaborative
- provide certification renewal training
For Details of the BPT model go here: Model DETAIL pdf.
For more information email Shannon at [email protected]
Find a Best Practice Trainer
New York’s BPTs – here’s where you’ll find contact information for New York’s existing BPTs.