RECOVERY COACH ACADEMY
As the coordinating body for Recovery Coach and Peer Advocate training throughout New York State, FOR-NY endorses qualified trainers to facility the 30-hour Recovery Coach Academy (RCA) and 16-hour Ethics for Peer Professionals.
These trainings are designed for individuals involved in the recovery initiation of others and/or in sustained recovery themselves and want to become a guide and mentor for others seeking, or already living in, recovery.
The training reflects the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR) model.
Upon Completion, Participants Are Able To:
- Describe the “Recovery Coach” role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Recovery Coach Academy training schedules vary depending on the trainer.
View a schedule of upcoming trainings or post a training. If you don’t see one scheduled in your region, please check back regularly. New Recovery Coach Academy and other trainings are added frequently.
Questions? Contact FOR-NY’s Director of Education and training, Theresa Knorr at [email protected]