PRIORITY #1: HOUSING
➢ Housing provided along a continuum.
➢ Funding directed at housing for individuals in recovery from Substance Use Disorders.
➢ Certification of recovery homes. Housing that promotes integrity, ensures quality improvement, upholds residents’ rights, is recovery-oriented, and is conducive to well-being.
➢ Affording individuals in early recovery a safe, supportive living environment.
➢ Allocating resources which create a variety of recovery residences statewide which will include and embrace those receiving
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) to support their recovery in-order to meet a rapidly increasing demand.
PRIORITY #2: PERSONALIZED TREATMENT & RECOVERY SUPPORT SERVICES ON DEMAND
• Treatment and Recovery support services on demand and connection to local recovery communities after overdose
• Anyone in need must have 24/7 access to detox, treatment and recovery support services.
• A permanent and comprehensive addiction wraparound services program.
• Assessment, treatment referrals and warm handoffs to recovery support services must be made immediately available
to help save lives.
• MAT and Harm Reduction as chosen pathways to recovery.
• Improved outcomes for those in treatment and recovery with a history of criminal justice involvement and improved
treatment of those currently involved in the criminal justice system.
• Trauma informed recovery services and evidence-based treatment.
PRIORITY #3: RECOVERY ORIENTED SYSTEMS OF CARE
✓ Fund at least one Recovery Community Organization
(RCO), Recovery Community Outreach Center
(RCOC) and Youth Clubhouse in each county and
ensure that at least two Certified Recovery Peer
Advocates and two Certified Family Support
Navigators exist in every county in NYS. $62 Million is
needed to fund this priority.
✓ Make peers available in more settings and ensure
private insurance companies reimburse for peer
✓ Hope in Recovery Campaign
PRIORITY #4: TRANSPORTATION
o The creation of a transportation work group and a
funded pilot project to address this concern in a
high priority area to be identified by recovery
PRIORITY #5: INCREASE FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
o Lawsuits holding opioid companies accountable
earmarked to support prevention, treatment and