Status: Open Registration Deadline: Oct 27, 2022
Trainers Name: Dr. Tawana Rowser-Brown & Toby Haskins Training Site: VIRTUAL via ZOOM Address:
860 Riverside Drive New York, New York 10032 New York County
Thu Oct 27, 6:00 - 9:00 PM (EDT) Evening Session 1
Fri Oct 28, 6:00 - 9:00 PM (EDT) Evening Session 2
Sat Oct 29, 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM (EDT) Final Weekend Session
PLEASE CLICK HERE for Registration and further information:
EVENING and WEEKEND schedule.
The twin purposes of this training are:
To train participants (providing peer-based recovery support services) to identify ethical issues arising within the Peer Recovery Support service arena, and to offer guidance on how these issues can best be handled.
This training will provide the opportunity for participants to:
• define the core responsibility of the peer recovery support specialist (here referred to generically as recovery coach);
• provide an opening discussion of key ethical concepts;
• outline a model of ethical decision making that can be used by recovery coaches and by their supervisors.
• discuss vignettes of ethical situations that can arise for recovery coaches related to personal conduct, conduct in service relationships, conduct in relationships with local service professionals and agencies, and conduct in service relationships with the larger community; and
• provide a sample statement of ethical principles and guidelines for recovery coaches.
Contact Name: Dr. Tawana Rowser-Brown & Toby Haskins Contact Phone Number: (917) 319-4117 Contact Email Address: [email protected]