Website Behavioral Health Services North
BHSN, one of the fastest growing organizations providing whole person care in the region, is in search of passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team!
Your role at BHSN:
As a Certified Recovery Peer Advocate at BHSN, you will provide non-clinical support services as identified in the patient’s treatment or recovery plan. CPRAs may also help those in treatment/recovery in the development of recovery plans, effective coping habits, and life skills for navigating recovery.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous benefits, including personalized health coverage, paid time off, and holiday pay
- Working within our community, making a real impact, working alongside passionate colleagues
- Accessible leadership team, coaching for your growth, and ample training opportunities
- With BHSN University, we provide our team members with continuous learning, mentorship, and internal education opportunities to encourage our team to continue discovering and innovating
- As a rapidly growing organization, there are endless opportunities to grow within the organization
- Community discounts, loan forgiveness & more
What your day may look like:
- Non-clinical crisis support, especially after periods of hospitalization or incarceration
- Administers Recovery surveys to consumers, family members, employees, and stakeholders.
- Provides or facilitates client’s education, and assists the client in understanding recovery services.
- Proactively engage clients and possess communication skills/ability to transfer new concepts, ideas and insight to others.
- Assist in setting up and sustaining self-help (mutual support) groups.
- Support the vocational choices of client and assist him/her in overcoming job-related anxiety.
- Assist in building social skills in the community that will enhance quality of life. Support the development of natural support systems.
- Certified peers also provide support in court rooms for individuals working through criminal justice matters, or accompany individuals to doctors’ appointments if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your skills and qualifications:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services related field preferred.
- NYS OASAS Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) with CCAR Certificate or progressing toward certification is required.
- Must have an understanding of and respect for each individual’s unique pathway to recovery.
- Peer Advocate must have a working knowledge of the substance use disorder treatment systems, support services, and a demonstrated commitment to the Recovery Community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.BHSN is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital or military status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com