We’ve created a comprehensive guide to help families navigate their way through this challenging and painful experience.
In it, you’ll find the following tips, resources and more:
- what to do if you suspect a loved one has a problem with alcohol or other drugs
- understanding your (and your loved one’s) rights in regards to treatment, recovery support, and insurance coverage
- descriptions of the various types of support and treatment options available in New York State and how to access them
- navigating the insurance process
- taking care of yourself
- links to many helpful national and local organizations
The FOR-NY Family to Family Recovery Resource Guide is free and available for download.
Once you’ve had a chance to review it, we would appreciate you taking this short survey to provide us with feedback.